Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Am I in a Bad Dream?

So the new Patty Griffin tour dates are up and the closest she comes to Birmingham is Knoxville/Asheville the weekend of January 11-14. I'll be in Denver for another show that weekend. Fantastic.

AND...to top it off, today is the opening day of Vail (yes, I am dressed in all black). I have installed the interactive snow report for Vail Resorts on my computer. When it's snowing in Vail, it snows in the bottom right-hand corner of my computer. It's snowed all morning. 6 inches fell last night and I'm not there. I'm not feeling too thankful right now.

UPDATE: After talking to several friends in the High Country, I realized that if I was in Vail I would not be up on the hill. I have NEVER gone up on opening day. Born Free is the only run that is ever open on the first day and 10 bazillion people are trying to ride or make turns down it. It is lovingly referred to as the "Ribbon of Death." It is a serious yard sale or a trip to the ER waiting to happen. It must be the excitement of opening day that I miss.

No comments: