Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Maybe I'm High Maintenance?

In my sales meeting today, our DOSM (that's Director of Sales and Marketing, for those of you not in the biz) asked each of us to fill out a short survey about ourselves for our Secret Santa ('tis the season for awkward work parties and gift exchanges!). The survey had the following listed on it:

Name:
Favorite Color:
Favorite Candy:
Favorite Soft Drink:
Favorite Magazine:
Favorite Coffee:

Without thinking, I answered with the following:

Name: Stacey
Favorite Color: White
Favorite Candy: Lara Bars
Favorite Soft Drink: Kombucha Tea (GTS)
Favorite Magazine: National Geographic Adventure
Favorite Coffee: Bongo Billy's Red Tea

After I actually started thinking about my answers, I realized that not only would my Secret Santa kick my booty, but that I am kind of high maintenance (we'll call it medium maintenance). I can't just have Starbucks (which I HATE by the way, big coffee burns beans!) I have to have a specialty tea from a small Colorado Mountain town with a population less than 2,000 people! And I don't drink soft drinks, so I want a tea made from fermented mushrooms. I also don't want just an InStyle that can be found on any news stand, I like to read a magazine that sometimes can't even be found in larger/specialty bookstores. I can't just have a pack of M&Ms, I like raw vegan bars that can only be found at Whole Foods here in Bham.

So I refilled out the Secret Santa Survey and turned it in. It ended up looking like this:

Name: Stacey
Favorite Color: White
Favorite Candy: M&Ms
Favorite Soft Drink: Diet Coke
Favorite Magazine: Real Simple
Favorite Coffee: Hot Tea

So there it is...the most boring Secret Santa Survey on the planet...my first one was way more exciting. We are having a Christmas party in 2 weeks, I think I might be Jewish that day.

2 comments:

WhitneyB said...

I like you just the way you are - not high maintenance but unique and one of a kind!!

Julie-Anne said...

I have never thought of you as high maintenance, Stace...But, your entry made me giggle quite a bit. :) Happy Hanukkah!