Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter X Games XII

During my time in Vail, one of my favorite events to trek to was the Winter X Games in Aspen. I was able to attend the last 2 years and have never had more fun in my life! A quick recap on the first year: 11 people, (1) 2 bedroom condo, 2 nights of hanging out at the top of the pipe while dancing to Lionel Richie songs, listening to Renee talk in an accent that she thought was Australian, but sounded more like a pirate, and 5 local Aspen Bars in one night=one of the most fun trips of my life! There is no other feeling in the world like standing at the top of the pipe and have people fly 25 feet above you pulling the most outrageous tricks. I am always pulling for:

Andreas Wiig (my favorite foreigner, hailing from Norway)

Danny Kass


Mason Aguirre

And of Course....


Shaun White (America's favorite red head, Sorry Peyton.)
All medals, titles, and cliches about this kid aside, he straight out rips. Whether you like the sport or not, it's a treat to see him shred in person.


Tonight marked the beginning of Winter X Games 12 and watching Men's Skiier Superpipe definitely made me sad (especially the fact that Tanner Hall just won pipe, Boo! I am not a fan). I am missing all of my fun memories of Aspen, but as our friend Adam has always said, "The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings."

UPDATE: My boy Andreas took home Slopestyle today at Buttermilk. Super Pipe is tomorrow night...get excited!

No comments: