Sunday, January 13, 2008

Updates...

Since I hadn't updated in so long, I figured an email that I sent to a friend in Iraq pretty much wraps up my life for the past 2 weeks.
1/12/08
Denver, CO

Hey! Turns out I have a rare form of F.O.M.S (a made up disease by Orly, that stands for Fear Of Missing Something) So when I heard that a bunch of peeps from Vail and Denver were going to a Pat Green concert at the Grizzly Rose here in Den-vah, I bought a ticket. So my FOMS has cost me $370 for 36 hours in the mile high city. No time to head up to the mountains though. I am staying with Micha, but Lauren (the CSM that took Ganz's place) and Orly (used to work at the FD and now works at the Inverness) are coming down for it and we're going to hang out. Also, it seems as if the stock show is in town, so that's going to make a Texas country music concert like Pat Green's even more interesting, especially that it is going to be at a shady cowboy bar. So, with all of these variables (including a mechanical bull that I fully intend on riding tonight), I should have some pretty good stories coming out of the weekend.
I called Trombetta the other day and ended up talking to Ferg for a little bit, he was going to try and make it down for the show as well.

Work has been okay, better now that things are starting to pick up. I've been thinking a lot lately about heading back to school, nursing in particular. (Hmm...strange turn of events, I know. I'm more surprised than anyone.)

I just watched Warren Miller's Storm for the 20 millionth time and it makes me miss it here a WHOLE lot. I still think I'll end up back in CO one day, I just love it too much.

Good to hear from you, I'll be praying that your heater doesn't hit the fritz. Doesn't sound too good though!

Love, Stace

(Side note: On the way back from Denver, I finished up listening to "Rebel's Guide to Joy," a sermon series from Mars Hill Church in Seattle. In particular, "Rebel's Guide to Joy in Death." I highly recommend downloading these off iTunes.)

1 comment:

Kim said...

stacey, you make me laugh!!! glad you had fun in colorado. hopefully when we are all well we can get together again!
kim