Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Seriously, Who Does This Stuff Happen To?

Today is April 30. My car tag expires in the month of April. That meant that since I procrastinated all month long and didn't head down to the DMV during the middle of the month like I should have, I got to stand in a super long out the door long line. I ended up leaving work early and heading down about an hour before they closed. When I arrived I pulled into a parking space and saw 3 little black boys (ranging in ages from 6-8, I would guess) sitting in the back seat of the car next to me. The race of the little boys has nothing really to do with the story other than the fact that many of you know that I love black kids. I would want to adopt a baby one day that is of a different race. (Yes, this was covered in Stuff White People Like) I pull into the parking space, see the kids, and think to myself, "Those boys are so cute!" I get out of the car, smile, and say hello. They say hi back and bust out laughing. I think to myself, "Boys will be boys!" and head into the DMV. After standing in line for about 45 minutes, I exit the building head back to my car and find the side of my car full of spitballs!!!!! I muttered a few expletives under my breath and was livid for about 10 seconds, but then couldn't help but laugh hysterically. I was definitely the token dumb white girl for the day and they got me good!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love this story...if it makes you feel any better, that kind of thing would happen to me, too.
:)

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!! First smile of the day, Thank you!!!