Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Waffle House...The Stories NEVER End

Yesterday, on the way back from NC, I stopped in Atlanta to have coffee my friend, Rich Williams. We decided on an exit and I was supposed to call him once I had arrived and let him know where I had stopped. The only non fast food place to stop was Waffle House, I was feeling a little college nostalgia and decided that it would be the perfect place to stop. I walked in and sat in a booth. Note: I was the only customer in the entire Wa-Ho. I ordered a cup of coffee from my waitress and in the process, hear another waitress say to a co-worker (in a tone where she wanted me to hear),
"See that girl over there? Doesn't she look like (insert a name that I couldn't understand because of an overly hick Deliverance-esque accent)? Ya know, from that TV show?" The other waitress says,
"Yeah, that looks just like her! I think it might be!" Waitress 1 actually speaks to me and says,
"Is that who you are? We have famous people come in here all the time." I reply,
"No ma'am, that's not me!" She says to me,
"Yep, that's what they all say!"
I mean, how do I respond to that! I just sat there being stared down for a few more minutes, praying for Rich to arrive.
Fast forward to 20 minutes into my visit with Rich...
He's telling me about life in DC, work, the usual, and waitress 1 comes up to us (actually behind Rich, he couldn't see her, I could) and starts taking pictures of us! Seriously!! She comes up takes 3 pictures and walks off! So I would like to state for the record that I have officially fallen victim to the paparazzi, in Waffle House, no less. I honestly have no idea who she thought I was, but I have a feeling somewhere in Hotlanta this Christmas Day, a Waffle House waitress is showing pictures to her family and is disappointed when they laugh at her for taking pictures of a random girl that was just passing through town.

2 comments:

Kitty Brown said...

That's hilarious! Do you know who they thought that you were?

Brian T. Murphy said...

that's pretty great.

I would have totally gone with it.