Thursday, October 25, 2007

Everywhere is somewhere and nowhere is near...

Since I've been back in the 'Ham, the weeks have flown by. It seems every Thursday night rolls around and I can't believe how quickly the week has gone. Anyway, I'm meeting Katy Nowiczewski in New Orleans for the weekend for Voodoo Fest and I'm pretty excited about it. I have no idea who we're going to see, just looking forward to hanging out with a friend who knows me.
I've been missing friends lately. I, typically, am always on the phone. I never want to lose touch with friends that truly know me, where I've been, where I want to go, what I struggle with, what I love, you know. I feel that I'm at a point in life where I don't have many close friends in Birmingham and I want to be able to talk to someone and not have to explain myself. I've played some vicious games of phone tag lately. It's been frustrating to the point of being upsetting, especially the ones that I haven't heard from in a while. I guess I'm just missing Colorado these days...missing the mountains, the snow, the excitement of what the next season would hold. I've decided though, that I need to be content where I am in life, quit worrying about what I will do next, where I will go. I've lived that life long enough. With that said, I've tried to stay off the phone. So far I've done a good job, it's just made me pretty lonely.
I found a Patty Griffin song that I never knew existed, which is always exciting news. It was on the album, "It'll Come to You...The Songs of John Hiatt" I'm not sure how I missed this one as it came out in 2003! "Take it Down" is the name of it. It's pretty amazing, I'm addicted already.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Fosh,
We're glad you're here in the salty ham...it wouldn't be the same without you!