Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Most Fantastic, Little Radio Station in Austin...

I was introduced to KGSR, when I first moved to Buena Vista, Colorado to work at Frontier Ranch. Caroline Davis (now McGlade) had the majority of the Broadcasts CDs. Each year the various performances from artists that stop by the studio are compiled into one (technically 2) CDs and sold around Christmas time. I now listen to this fantastic station everyday at work and now I have an itch to move to Austin! Anyway, I have found several artists as of lately that I adore (or have adored for years, just fell in love with again). Here is a list...

1. Jimmy Lafave-Makes me feel like I have missed out by just now finding him.
2. Loudon Wainwright, III
3. Reckless Kelly
4. Eliza Gilkyson
5. Iron and Wine
6. Lyle Lovett
7. Cowboy Junkies
8. John Hiatt
9. Lucinda Williams
10. The Greencards

P.S. How 'bout them Rockies? First time they've headed to a NL Championship game!! Go Rox!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.