Monday, October 29, 2007

iPhone 1, Cell phone 0

Last night I was at Church and was sitting by Doug Clapp. If you remember from recent posts, Doug and I share a love of fine bluegrass music. Let me back up and explain that there was a concert last night at the Alys Stephens Center. Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, and Jerry Douglas were playing together. For those of you not familiar with the bluegrass community, each one of these individuals is arguably the best international musician in their respective disciplines. It's a big deal when they play together. I had not bought tickets for the simple reason that they were expensive and I didn't have anyone to go with. So back to sitting in church...during the welcome time, Doug leans over and asks me if I had tickets to the show after church. I replied with the aforementioned excuses and he concurs that is the reason that he did not get them either. We sit in silence for about 5 seconds until he speaks up and says, "Well, do you want to go?" Ummm, yes!! We then wonder about tickets, how were we going to get tickets? The show selling out was a very real possibility, so I pulled out my iPhone and bought them online right there in the middle of church! Think about that for a second. I pulled out my phone in the middle of church and bought tickets online for a concert in an hour. It blew my mind that technology enabled us to complete our spontaneous act for the night. The concert was amazing. Words can't describe. If you have the opportunity to see any of these musicians individually or together, take advantage.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

let's start updating your blog! come on, fosh!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

sorry, i posted that comment twice, then tried to delete it..sheesh.

Kitty Brown said...

It was a great show, we loved it too -- we were lucky enough to get a UAB grad student to buy tickets for us, so they were only $10!

Stacey said...

kitty-I did not know you were a fan. Good to know, as doug is my only bluegrass buddy in town!